Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010


Well here we are, about 2000 years since the birth of Jesus. It was a rather quiet event considering the magnitude of what was going on, God coming to earth in the form of a little baby to redeem the world from sin back to Himself. Just a couple of thoughts, there is a lot of tradition involved in this Christmas. First is the date Jesus was born, I have read lots of discussion on when Jesus was born and my conclusion is that noone can be dogmatic about when he was born. Summer and winter dates are given. The best arguement I have read is around December. Does it matter? Who knows? It seems to matter more to those who Christians who don't believe in celebrating Christmas at all anyways. Many say that Christmas should not be celebrated because it falls on a Pagan holiday and has Pagan roots and celebrates the sun god. Well, I don't remember ever worshipping the Sun God. Here is my thoughts. You ask anyone about why we have Christmas and with the exception of a select few, almost everyone will say becasue of Jesus or Santa Clause. I don't think there is any reason we should stop celebrating the Birth of Jesus. I was drawn and quartered by a couple of "Christians" last year because I would still celebrate the birth of Jesus. As long as I teach the whole truth about Christmas and Jesus, I don't see the need to withdraw. I am thankful for this time of year when we as Christians can call attention to Jesus in a world that does not know who He is and be a witness to them. Let's move on.

Well let me throw some questions out there for you to look up in the Bible.
1. Did Mary ride a donkey to Bethlehem?
2. Why did they wait to the last moment to go to Bethlehem? Or did they?
3. What did the InnKeeper say? What InnKeeper?
4. How old was Jesus when the Wise men visited Him?

Yall have a merry Christmas season.

1 comment:

  1. Dakota, I am glad to meet you. Stop in anytime and I will be visiting your site soon. May God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.