Friday, February 26, 2010
I could never do justice to this story, so I will just ask for prayer for my brother's family. Almost 2.5 years ago there daughter at age 18 was brutally and senselessly murdered. She was a really sweet young girl. The trial for one of the murderers started this week and is still ongoing. So, I just ask for prayer for the family of Precious Story (Petey). To my brother and his wife. We love you and are praying for y'all and are here for you. May God comfort and support y'all this week.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
I thought I would post this picture of the Old Alabama Methodist Church here in Weldon I took after it snowed last week. It was built in 1895. Weldon Baptist Church was built next door to it years later and from the best I could gather the congregations would have a service at one church one week and the other the next week. Later they mostly ended up at the baptist church and the Methodist church shut down. It is now on the national historic registry. I know of 3 weddings that occurred there since 1980. My first wedding happened there in June of 1980. It was HOT. There was not Air Conditioning in the building. One clear light bulb hung from a twisted cord from a very high ceiling. My daughter had better sense as she held her wedding there later in the year when it was not a hundred degrees outside a couple of years ago. Another wedding occurred there a few years back. But I don't know who it was. It is a beautiful historic building. You can find a little more information about it at this site. http://www.bernicela.org/community_history.htm But I just wanted to post this picture that you won't see very often in the south with the snow.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18. It was really beautiful around here last week after it snowed. It reminded me of the verse I shared above.
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Desiring More Than A Touch
Matthew 14:36 And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole.
1. They besought Him. They had seen and heard of His miracles and wanted their needs met.
2. They only wanted to touch the hem of His garment.
3. Jesus graciously made them perfectly whole.
4. All this was done because of a simple act of faith.
5. If through this simple act of faith they were made perfectly whole, what could be done by Jesus with a totally surrendered Christian who is abiding, not just touching the hem of His garment, in Christ and is totally surrendered to Him?
6. Are we content to only touch the hem of His garment? Or do we want a deeper relationship with Him? A relationship that will mightily impact those around us?
7. If we don't want that kind of relationship, why not? Are we truly saved? Then we need to take care of that. Are we afraid of what Jesus will reveal in us that needs to change or we need to turn loose of? Behind every change or thing He tells us to turn loose of , there is a greater blessing. Has the world blinded us as to what God can do so we can't accomplish more for God and see others saved? Are we afraid of surrender? We are already surrendered to the world that hates us and wants to destroy us. Jesus came that we might have abundant life.
8. We have nothing to lose by totally surrendering to and abiding in Jesus and we have everything to gain.
Prayer: Jesus I surrender totally to you. Take my life, clean out the closet of my heart and make me useful to you.