Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Operation Christmas Child @ Weldon Baptist Church




Well another year has come and gone and it is that time of the year again when the Christmas spirit is in the air. But that spirit has been in the air for months at our church. Kinda reminds me of those cartoons with Santa's workshop getting things ready for Christmas. Thanks goes out to those who give and give and give more, so that children around the world might recieve a piece of heaven they might not otherwise get. This year we will ship at least 200 boxes through Operation Christmas Child all over the world. Every year we have a dedication service where we will get a box with a tag on it that says boy or girl and the age of the child it was packed for and we will pray for that child. I will have to admit every year when I get the box, I have to fight back tears as I pray over the child that box is headed to. I get to go this year to Atlanta to help since my work for next week seems to have slacked up. Yay!!. If you have a chance to pack a box for Operation Christmas Child do so and God will bless you. Here are some pictures of the boxes that are going from our church. If you want to know more go to http://weldonbc.wordpress.com/ I am sure Phillip has more on this.


1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.