Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Back from Camp


Well we are back from MFuge mission fuge camp for our youth in Mobile Ala. I just thought I would share some things about this trip. It has been a busy couple of weeks, so I haven't been on my blog much or even others blogs much either. Well first off, we were kinda late deciding to go to camp. I started to type the whole trip, but it would turn into a book, so let me hit some highlites. Salsa sales to raise money turned out to be a God thing. Our church support is a God thing. At MFuge we and our kids go out in the community to serve. It is an eye opener to our kids and us too. I was in the Childrens ministry track. So we got to work with kids. I got to witness to 6 kids, one was allready saved and the other 5 got saved. Only God can change a heart and this was the harvest that came from a summer of hard work by other campers that had been showing them God's love. We had one of our own get saved during our church group devotion. The one thing that really hit home to me is that of the 6 kids that got saved, when I asked how to get to heaven, they all gave works based answers. These were like, you have to be good, or keep the 10 commandments, etc... The answer is only in accepting the free gift of salvation that is available because Jesus died on the cross as a substitute for our sins that we were supposed to die for. This has been in the forfront of my mind since we got back. I saw God get real in some of our kids lives this week. I pray that they will be serious about God and desire Him above all else. I saw a moving of the Spirit in our group devotion the last night that I had never seen in my kids before. I was truly blessed. God is Awesome. I will try to add some other things later.

1 comment:

  1. Darrell, thank you for the report. There is nothing like getting kids away from the "normal" to get them focused on spiritual things.

    I'm so glad they had a good experience. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.