Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day at Lake Claiborne


We have had fun this weekend at Lake Claiborne. I just thought I would make some notes about our weekend there. First we went in the afternoon and passed out flyers to let the campers know we would be offering worship services for the on Sunday morning through our sponsor Rollling Hills Ministries. Each weekend a different church volunteers to do the services. The first weekend of the month falls to my church, Weldon Baptist Church. Walking the campgrounds is a hot one. Sweat, Sweat and Sweat. Did I mention Sweat. But we have a great time. Lots of really really really nice people there. Every once in a while you run into an interesting situation. One of the cabins I stopped at had a lot of drinking going on. The person who accepted the flyer and invitation was nice. But as I turned to leave someone in the background yelled that I had come to the wrong place today. Basically, he was saying my efforts was wasted on them, cause they were gonna drink themselves into oblivion. I guess the next day they would be bragging about how much fun they had throwing up and how great it is to wake up with a headache. The campground was full as usual for this weekend. My wife is still recovering from surgery so I kept watch over her and didn't want her to overdo. And so after the first campground walkthru I was able to convince her to drive and me and my daughter passed out the rest of the flyers. Afterwards we move to the swimming area and unloaded stuff to cook. Not much, just a couple of burgers and weiners. We were eating when my son and his wife showed up. I was pleased see them. And had a great time visiting. Around 7 we moved to the campground so we could watch the boat floatilla. I got about 40 photos of different boats coming by and throwing beads and a couple of water balloons. Then a great fireworks display. We got home around 1030 and I had lots to do for the next morning. It was about 2 before I got to sleep and back up at 630 and to church by 7 for men's breakfast and to load up the sound equipment and back to the house by 8 and at the lake by 845 and equipment set up for services by 9. We have the sound equipment setup down to an art. At 9 people just started coming out of the woods it seemed like. We went from 0 to 55 in about 5 minutes it seems. This is a load of folks. We sang a couple songs and I preached on our Declaration of Independence. Here it is. We make a declaration of independence from sin and death when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. But we also declare our dependence on God. Compare that to the language you find in the declaration of independence I posted on the previous post. But I don't know how well the sermon was, but one elderly woman came forward to talk at the end and said she was going through a divorce. I asked her if I could pray with her and did. I believe it meant a lot to her. We got done, loaded up, headed to Pardon's paradise as usual for something cool, back to our church in time for worship service. It has been a full weekend and we enjoyed it. God bless all. Sorry for the blurry picture. Oh and last note. I notice that I went over 3000 visits. Yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.