Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where Were you on 911? (9-11-2010)


Where were you, or what were you doing on Sept 11, 2001? That's just like the question you here, where were you when John Kennedy was shot or what were you doing when you heard Pearl Harbor was bombed. Well we can kind of set markers in our lives with historical events. In my life i can remember where I was when the moon landing occured, being stuck on the couch, before cable as a teenager all summer from an illness and the only thing on tv was the Watergate Hearings and soaps. I remember being in basic training when the Shah of Iran arrived for cancer treatments while his country had just come under control of Radical Islam. I remember where I was at when I heard the Columbia and Challenger incidents occured. How about Little Jessica stuck in a well. Or the first Star Trek the Next Generation Movie, or Black Monday. All of those occured on the same weekend of Oct 17, 1987. Oh and that was the weekend I got out of the Air Force. And a slew of other events that I remember that I could carry on for pages. But to the date at hand.


I had flown from Little Rock to Kansas City for a training class on a fire alarm panel, so we could be qualified to install it. That was on the 10th. On the 11th we were in class, I had 2 tickets to the KC Royals on the front row next to the dugout for 10$ each. Do the research and you will find I had one heck of a deal. Needless to say thatgame was canceled that night. But while in class the owner came in andannounced that 2 planes had struck the twin towers and the pentagon and it looked like it was intentional. He said we were gonna take a break because our companies were trying to contact us and also that the planes were being ordered to land and many of us were gonna have to scramble to make transportation arrangements. I remember checking the Internet and also knowing that the phones were working, I determined in my own mind it was a limited attack and not the full scale attack I had been looking for by Russia while I had been in the service. I also wandered about the Rapture. I spoke with my secretary and asked what she thought. She was a good Christian lady and said no this was not it. I had only gotten truly saved just a couple months earlier. Well we went back to class while my companie arrayed some transportation. The only thing we could do was for one of my coworkers to rent a vehicle and drive up that day so we could drive back on the 12th. My thoughts had also turned to my family. I told my daughter not to go to college that day cause I didn't want her in public places. It wasn't until I got out of class and to my hotel room that I realized just how big this was. One report had gas prices at some stations in KC at 6$ a gallon. To be honest, when they mentioned the Twin towers in class, I didn't know what they were talking about. The next morning my coworker and I set out for home. We listened to news on the radio all the way back to the Little rock airport about 3 in the afternoon. The only vehicle moving was a police car. I checked out my van and told the toll lady that it must have been interesting around there today. She said not really, that I was the first vehicle to check out all day. Ingot home to see my kids and the bf watching news. And they were asking me what I thought and what was gonna happen next. Inassured them life would go on, but wouldn't be the same.


Over 3000 precious souls stepped into eternity that day. Except for the terrorist, they all expected a different destination for their day. None of the expected to be standing before God on that day. The thing is we don't know when it is gonna happen. What a comfort for your family to know that you are in Heaven with Jesus and not in Hell in torment and agony. If you have not made a decision for Christ, do it today. If you need help, email or message me here. I had a young boy that was lime family to me that died in Iraq a few years ago. We had talked about his salvation and I was able to assure his parents of where he was. It was a major comfort to them. Don't leave people wandering. God bless those who died in this tragedy and there families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.