Sunday, April 4, 2010

Stowers Hill Baptist Church


Well we are back from our trip, and I will share some more on that over the next couple of days. But I would like to give a mention to a church we attended today for Easter services. We always will find a church to go to if we are on a trip. We have found some really good ones. We like meeting our kin folk in Christ. People we never met and yet we have so much in common, especially our Daddy. Today we visited Stowers Hill Baptist Church at: 407 9th Avenue SW, Attalla, Alabama 35954. I put the whole address because if you are in the area around Gadsden, Alabama, this is a special church. We have visited many churches and though this church is small compared to many, it made up for in Christian Love. We have learned how to gauge a church through how we are greeted. And we were greeted and felt loved and accepted. We know that God was in the house. The pastor, Brother Richard Bradfield was outgoing, friendly and gracious. You could tell that God was leading him in and he was preaching the message God had laid on his heart. Of course it was Easter Sunday and as most Baptist churches do they presented special music. You could tell they had put forth a lot of effort, but I believe they put forth a lot of prayer. God had to be blessed, because my family and I were truly blessed. I noticed from their bulletin that they are busy in the community carrying out God's work. But the thing that stuck out to me again was the love we felt and noticed that it was not just directed at us, but towards each other. Even the youth were outgoing and we were greeted by some of them and talked with one. Can I say I have worked with youth for many years and this is not always the case. I felt no pride in the building and was humbled by the outpouring of the heart towards God. If I am ever in the area again on Sunday or Wednesday night (especially since I noticed they eat together on Wednesday nights as all good Baptist do) we will be visiting. How did we hook up with them? Well on Saturday night we showed up at the hotel down the road and started googling. They had a website( www.stowershillbc.org )and had enough information for us to feel comfortable that they were safe to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.