Saturday, June 19, 2010

How we see Daddy throughout our life.


How we see Daddy throughout our life.

Age 4 - My Daddy can do anything.
Age 7 - My Daddy knows a lot, a whole lot.
Age 8 - Well my Daddy doesn't know everything.
Age 12 - Naturally Daddy doesn't know everything.
Age 14 - Daddy is hopelessly old fashioned.
Age 21 - Oh, that man, he is so out of date.
Age 25 - Well you know Dad knows a little bit about that , but not to much.
Age 30 - I need to find out what Dad thinks about that.
Age 35 - Before we decide, let's get Daddy's ideas first.
Age 50 - What would Daddy have thought about that?
Age 60 - You know, my Daddy knew laterally everything.

I can truthfully say that I have always respected what my Daddy knew. I might not have liked it, but always knew he was right. Thank you God for giving me a Daddy like him.

5 comments:

  1. Amen, Darrell! Oh man, am I ever grateful to God for giving me a Daddy like mine.

    You have a great day, Pal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darrell, great post. Have a good father's day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jim and Andy. I hope yall are enjoying a great fathers day. I have been called Daddy by both my grown kids and got to call my Daddy, Daddy. Got to take my step daughter (13) to Little Rock last night to see Chris Tomlin and her favorite, Toby Mac. The decibel meter on my phone hung around 98 decibels. I still enjoyed the music. And she had a blast. It was 1:30 when we got in last night and had to get up early for church, which was great. I enjoyed seeing my son and his wife at church. I am hoping they make it more often. But seeing him there was a good fathers day present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had my Daddy's body from the pic above. How do you like my striped railroad hat? Check out the old vehicles at the store at the top of the hill. 1960

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darrell, sounds like a good time was had by all...though a long haul.

    But, that's what Daddies do, huh? Just to give you another "amen," your Father was a "put together" young fella'.

    My Daddy is 75, and can work me into the ground. I wish I had his body at 75.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.