Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Wife's Surgery


Well, I am sitting in a waiting room waiting on my wife to come out of surgery, posting this blog. And my wife is doing fine, though the surgery was a little more invasive than expected, so our stay will be 2 nights instead of outpatient as we had hoped. God has been good to us. Technology is amazing. I am on my wireless laptop, posting about my wonderful wife. Though many could not make it because Willis Knighton Piermont is at least an hour and half from home, we feel like everyone is here because of texting and facebook. I have even been moment by moment in touch with a brother in Christ in Peru whose wife had the same surgery today and we have been leaning on each other and praying for each other all day. We have appreciated every bit of encouragement we have received from others. Brian came by, he is such a great friend and brother in Christ. Thank you Brian. Megan and her husband came by, thanks very much. Megan only about 3 months ago was at deaths door in LSU connected to machines. God was not through with her and though the prognosis was if she recovered she would require extensive therapy and might be back at work in December. Well God showed them wrong. She is already back at work. God has totally blessed us. If you find yourself in a bleak situation, God is always in control.

2 comments:

  1. Darrell, I had no idea that your wife was going to have surgery. Our prayers are with her (with you all).

    Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy, it was not an emergency surgery, but one that has been needed for a while. God has blessed us immensely. Though the surgery was more invasive than expected, we got good reports. Looks like 2 nights instead of none. Thanks for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.