Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sacrifices and Offerings

As I was reading my Bible this morning, I ran across this scripture.

Hebrews 11:4 (KJV) 4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

God brought into focus this idea of me being an offering and sacrifice to Him. This brought to mind another verse.

Psalms 51:17 (KJV) 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

This also brought to mind a phrase Oswald Chambers used a lot in "My Utmost for His Highest." "Broken Bread and Poured out Wine." Referring to Jesus and His sacrifice for us. And he would also challenge us to and ask the question. "Are you broken bread and poured out wine."

I asked myself the question. Am I broken bread and poured out wine? Another words am I giving all of myselffor the kingdom of God? Have I made myself an offering to God?

I choose this morning to make myself that offering. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.