Monday, June 15, 2009

Self Fulfillment

I was reading in "My Utmost for His Highest" this morning. I was on the wrong date because as I indicated before the binding is wore out, so it always falls open to June 10th. But this is one of those that I have most highlighted over the years. Another words "It's a Goodern". I would like to share the first part of the first paragraph.

Seek if you have not found. "You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss..." James 4:3. If you ask for thing from life instead of from God, "you ask amiss"; that is, you ask out of your desire for self-fulfillment. The more you fulfill yourself the less you will seek God.

It is amazing, as I talked about in a previous post, we do not know what we "desire". What do we pray for? I started to post my previous post about the desires of our heart Saturday night and held off. Then my pastor preached on praying for and getting the desire of our heart, but not knowing how God will supply or answer that prayer and then this. It all seems to run together for me.

But I would like us to consider the last sentence. The more you fulfill yourself the less you will seek God. Ouch! We need to be carefull in our prayers and our lives about what we pray and seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.