Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Only Way

The picture you see means something to me and maybe to many of you. I found this picture on the net a few weeks ago and I have used it on occasion with some of my posts. The exact same picture hung at the front of the sanctuary of our old church for all those years as a kid that I went to church (that I remember). I wonder when it was put up. I remember staring at it during the service (what did the preacher say) and thinking and pondering on it. Not really knowing the story behind the scene in the garden. Usually at some point my meditation on the picture would be interupted by a burning twisting sensation on my ear. Momma would be twisting my ear. I don't know why since I was such a little angel. I think it was my brothers fault, and since my ear was at just the right length for mamma to reach without bending her elbow she would latch onto my ear. I usually sat on the end and my 2 brothers and sister sat between us. But back to the picture. Now it means even more to me, because it reminds me of what my Savior was about to endure. Many say that Jesus was agonizing over the decision to go to the Cross or not. I believe that it was for our benefit that the scene in the Garden unfolded the way it did. There was something He said there that I have pondered over and come to a conclusion as to why He would say what He did. He said , basically, Father if there be another way, then let's do it that way. And God's answer was for Jesus to go to the Cross. You see in this way God was saying there is no other way. Jesus also said, He is the way, the truth and the life, no man comes unto the Father except through Him. I am glad there is only one way, because now I can know that I have chosen the only way. If there were more than one way, Satan would counterfiet more ways just like he does now, except then we would have to figure out which was fake and which were real. Thank you Jesus for what you did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.