Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Just a Glance from Jesus


I was reminded of a story tonight, at the moment Peter denied Jesus for the third time he looked through the crowd and caught a glance of Jesus as He looked at Him. At that moment Peter was broken to repentance. Do you remember as a kid how if you were doing something wrong all your mother or father had to do was to give you "the look" and you would stop what you were doing? I remember a few years ago, I had a dream. I saw a cloud floating overhead, then the cloud changed into a hand and then it snapped its fingers and pointed at me, just like a parent might do to a child to get their attention. It certainly got my attention and reminded me that God was watching and was not pleased with me. How hard is our hearts when we sin? How much does it take for Jesus to bring us back to Him through repentance. I think our heart should be so soft towards God that just the smallest thing including a glance should bring us back to Him. How does Jesus glance at us? Through verses in the Bible, prayer, other christians confronting us about our sins in love and other ways. If you are mindful of the sin and know it is wrong, for the Christian that is Jesus staring at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.