Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Be Careful what you say.


Be careful what you say and how you act. The other day I was at a McDonalds and ordered the same ole thing, the same ole way I always do. All the other McDonalds understand and get it right without any questions. But on this day I ordered it and I got the question of grilled or crunchy. Well what I ordered came with a hamburger patty. I ordered the same thing again with a coke. I got a puzzled look then I think I got the question, what sauce. I say, I think because there was no eye contact and mumbling. I said no sauce. She looked puzzled. So I made the same order a fourth time with a drink. OK, I paid for it and stepped aside yet she didn't give me a cup. I asked for the cup and she said I didn't order a coke, I said I did, she said I didn't. Frustrated I said never mind. I really could have acted in a very bad way. As I turned around there was someone I knew from a local church that I knew. Glad I held my tongue. Be careful, someone is watching you. This may not make sense to some who might read this. But you would understand if you were watching me and knew I was a Christian and began cursing and making a scene. You might say, I don't want to be a Christian if that is the way they act. We need to be self controlled so we don't turn people away from Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Darrell, this is a very good post. I had to fight that temper for years. It's not the incompetence of people like that but the fact that they don't care.
    As I've gotten older, I've learned a lot more control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, God has blessed me with a slow tongue. Another words I don't have fast comebacks that get me in trouble. I also try to remember I might have a chance through my actions to influence this person for Jesus or in a good way. And also, I don't know what is going on in that persons life that is causing them to act the way they do. I don't think this person didn't care, but I don't think she was the right person for the job she was doing. Or she was not having a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.