Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wrestling with Salvation


I don't usually watch wrestling anymore, but last night I couldn't help myself. First off the only thing that has been on the TV here in the room has been Hallmark, Lifetime and Disney (I Carly and such). My mind was getting all mushy and such. So I had to have some relief last night. And what did I find, wrestling. Now I probably would have skipped over it, but they were talking about Sean Michaels retiring. Now I had no interest in him, except from a previous web search I did on wrestlers becoming Christians and I was hoping to hear something about Jesus in his farewell speach. I was not disappointed. In his next to last statement of thank yous, he said, "And to my Lord Jesus Christ, who saved me." Now I may have got the first part of the statement wrong, but I got the last half right, because that part stuck in my head. Many people will thank God or Jesus for something, but when he added this to the end that told me something. He knows Jesus saved Him. Some other wrestlers I know of right off the top of my head that have gotten saved were Cowboy Bill Watts (I encourage you to check out his site) http://www.cowboybillwatts.com/ , Dr Death Steve Williams (who I got to shared a plane ride with from Dallas back to his home in the Shreveport area, friendly fellow, BIG fellow) Ted DiBiase the Million Dollar Man, Sting and some others. It is great to see superstars get saved and sharing God's salvation with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.