Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bats


Well I went out to the shop the other day to get some parts for a job. I opened the door to the dark cinder block room and stepped inside and turned on the light. Whoosh, something dark flew by my head and I immediately knew what it was and a chill went up my spine and caused the remaining hair on my head to standup. A BAT!! I ducked as it made another pass and considered screaming and running out of there to return with a bat of my own to do some batting practice. But I thought better and remembered, bats don't attack and bite like they are shown in the movies. Where had this apprehension of mine come from.? TV, books, culture all had influenced the way I felt about bats. I began to think about how God created the bat, for a purpose. Thanks for all those mosquitoes they eat at night. Satan has turned everything good that God has created into something bad. I will leave the imagination to you. About 6000 years ago when God finished creation, the Bible says that everything was good. But since the fall, it has all been going downhill. But thank God for creating us to have a relationship with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.