Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Maggie Lee Henson's Legacy


I was praying this morning and as my prayers turned to Maggie Lee Henson and her family some thoughts came to mind. First how great it is to know your child is in heaven. I know the grief must be tremendous and this is a comfort for Christians. About 2 years ago and a young man died in Iraq as a result of a roadside bomb. I had coached him in baseball from about 11 years old. He was a good friend to my son and had dated my daughter. In the years before heading to Iraq and joining the service he would come over to visit with me and get advice. He was like a son to me. But as with many of my conversations with people, I would talk with him about his salvation. He would tell me about his salvation experience. I called and talked to his mom about our conversations and was sure he was saved and was in heaven. At the graveside I was told by his dad just how much that meant to them. That night 2 boys in my class were led to the Lord because of his sacrifice. I understand that because of Maggie Lee Henson's death and organ donation, 2 more people will have a new lease on life. Because of Jesus' death on the cross we can have eternal life with Him. Thank you Maggie Lee and the Hensons for the testimony of your lives. My prayers are still with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.