Monday, August 17, 2009

The Bible 1


God's Word, the Bible, is amazing. I wanted to list some facts taken from my workbook on the study of the Bible.


1. None of the other world religions have a single line of predictive prophecy. The only exception is Mohammad who only gave one self-fulfilling prophecy, that he would return to Mecca.


2. There are over 2000 Old Testament prophecies alone which have already been fulfilled in history. In fact, if these prophecies are broken down into all of their individual elements, rather than each being considered as a whole, there are over 10,000 fulfilled Old Testament prophecies.


3. A full 1/4th of the Bible was predictive prophecy when it was written.


4. One half of these prophecies have already been fulfilled. The rest concern things yet future, which will all be fulfilled just as accurately as past prophecies have been.


Taken from my workbook from Faith Bible Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.