Sunday, August 30, 2009

Prayer


As I read my Sunday School lesson this morning before church, I was surprised to see that it was on praying for those in need of healing. James 5:1-25. This week has been one of "Much" prayer. My wife and I found ourselves not just praying for one person, but several. Monday night we started with one and as the week progressed our prayer list grew exponentialy. Some needs were more immediate than others, but all were important to God and those involved. Little Wesley wasn't given much of a chance of making it after having a 4 wheeler accident and having a pipe imbedded 3 inches into his head. We see God doing mightily in that. Another person had emergency cancer surgery, and yet while he may be just starting a journey with this the news in my estimation was much better than it had started out to be. In fact he was singing in the choir with us this morning. In both situations, God has shown what he can do. Prayer is the answer. I heard a story one time of a woman in the hospital and the Doctor came to her and said, well we have done all we can do, now it is up to God. She looked horrified and said, "Oh no, has it come to that?" Although I believe God has given us doctors and we should use them, God is the Great physician. I would trust Him with my life. I have trusted Him with my eternal life. Have you? "MyGod'sBeenGood"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.