Saturday, August 1, 2009

God is Great


Praise God for answered prayers and a man who said yes to God. We have prayed for souls to be saved in revival services in Livingston. Lavelle, my former pastor informed me that 7 souls were snatched from the flames of hell this week. Thanks brother for your willingness to go and preach.
Here is an email I received from Brother Lavelle.
Well, praise the Lord. It's Saturday night and Diane and I just got back home from Livingston Louisiana, where we have been since Tuesday. We were at Faith Baptist Church singing, Diane was singing not me, and preaching God's Word. And I want to let everyone know that the Lord is still on His throne and in the business of saving people. Even in the midst of some of the worst Catholic opposition that I, personally, have ever been around, God was working and answering the prayers of His people. In a church that averages about 25 people in Sunday morning worship the Lord saved 7 people this last week and the pastor, Bro. Trey Cowell, and I made several productive visits.
The revival began on Tuesday night and ended on Friday night. I'll be honest. I had my doubts after only about ten people showed up on Tuesday night, but the Lord gave Bro. Trey and I some very good visits Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. No one accepted Christ as their Savior during any of those visits, but we had several people promise us that they would come to the services.
One lady, her name is Shela, came Wednesday night and told me after church that I had her very close to coming down and "Doing what she knew that she needed to do." However, we all know that it wasn't me that almost had her, but the Holy Spirit. We called several people on Thursday to ask prayer for her, but she didn't come on Thursday night. Her daughter and son-in-law said that she probably wouldn't come back. However, she did show up on Friday night and when I took the congregation through the Roman Road during the invitation she prayed and asked Jesus to be her personal Lord and Savior. Please be in prayer for Mrs. Shela because she faces a lot of opposition, at home, from her husband. Please be in much prayer for him also. His name is Bobby, I think. More than likely, he is lost.
Three of those who accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior also asked to follow Jesus in believer's baptism. Two of them, Ron and Charlie, will be baptized Sunday morning. The third one, Miss Shela, wanted to talk with Bro. Trey some more about believer's baptism, but she, at least, made her profession of faith public. Praise the Lord!
Diane and I are tired, but we are also filled with joy; joy for those who were saved this week, joy for the pastor, Bro. Trey, and his wife, Holly, joy for the members of Faith Baptist Church, and joy because the Lord chose to allow us watch Him work in an awesome way this week. Thank you Lord Jesus.
The Lord confirmed the Great Commission this week. We can pray for the lost and we can give money to missions, but the most important thing we can do is be obedient to the Lord Jesus Christ and GO, GO, GO. Then when we get tired GO some more. When we get to the point where we just don't think we can go another step, GO some more. If God's people do not carry the Good News of Jesus Christ to the Lost and dying world, it will not be given to them and they will perish for all of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.