Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cotton Valley Revival Services Update

Here is an update sent to me by Brother Lavelle about the revival going on in Cotton Valley.


Well, folks, here I am again to give you an update on the revival that has been going on in Cotton Valley. There were 3 more people, all adults, who trusted Jesus as their Savior tonight. One lady was brought to me after almost everyone had left, by one of our deacons. He told me that she had come to him and told him that she wanted to be saved. So, in the Sunday school office, I led her to the Lord and she prayed and accepted Jesus as her Savior. Praise the Lord! We had a total of 42 people snatched from the flames of hell this week, in Cotton Valley, by trusting Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. To God be all of the glory. The Lisembys and David Daniels did a great job of singing for us and, as usual, Bro. Jack preached the Word. But, the thing that made the most difference was that the Holy Spirit of God showed up and touched lives, changed hearts, and drew people to Jesus. God helped people understand that they needed a personal relationship with Jesus more than anything else in this world. We also had a number of rededications and several more people moved their membershp to Unity Baptist Church. Although the revival services are over, my prayer is that we will never look back or give up, but that we will continue to press forward, not to just grow but to grow by leading lost people to Jesus. My prayer, for Unity BC, is that we would never be satisfied until everyone has heard the wonderful story of God's awesome love for us and that true revival would never end here. Please pray for Unity BC, for its leadership, and for me, as its pastor. There will be a lot of growing pains and Satan is, more than likely, already planning an attack to try to steal our joy. A slave to the Master, Bro. Lavelle Spillers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.