Monday, September 21, 2009

Some Monday Thoughts


Well here it is Monday again. I plan to make the best of it. We had a good weekend, got to spend all day with my wife Saturday. I took her on a service call with me then to visit a friend in the hospital then to eat. Sunday was a wonderful day at church. I didn't know Eric had surrendered to preach, and so we got to hear him. He did a good job. He allowed God to speak through him. I have not heard any updates on Wesley since my last post. I assume, no news is good news, but continue in prayer. Last week was a great week in Cotton Valley. 42 souls save and their lives will be changed forever. Also something many of us don't consider on Mondays. For many pastors and preachers, Mondays are hard. They have built up to Sunday and given their all on Sunday, so they are emotionally and sometimes spiritually drained on Monday. Oswald Chambers likes to use a phrase, "We are to be poured out wine and broken bread." just like Jesus. This is the case in so many of these men's lives. Now they go back to God to be refilled and put back together so they can be broken bread and poured out wine again. We are all to be broken bread and poured out wine in the service of God for others. Today, call your pastor and tell him you appreciate him and pray for him over the phone. If you don't have a pastor, I am sure their is someone you know that preaches that you could call. Have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.