Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Extending Grace and Mercy to Others


I heard a sermon at our church this past Sunday and got a lots out of it, but one thing really jumped up at me. That was how we can show grace to others and change their lives or not show them grace and change their lives. For better or worse. One of the stories in the Bible talks about how when Saul was chasing David and trying to kill him, he went into a cave to take care of some personal business. He did not know that David and his men were hiding in the cave, and David's men wanted to kill him. David said no, that was God's decision and God would take care of that. But what David did was to cut off part of Sauls coat while he was in there. After Saul left, David came to the mouth of the cave and yelled to Saul and showed him what he had done. Basically letting him know that he was no danger to Saul. Sometimes we have the lives of people in our hands and we don't even know it. Basically their necks are on the chopping block and we have the ax. I have gone to people in the past and had to appolgize and or admit my mistakes to them. Basically I layed my head on the chopping block and was at their mercy. Most of the time they are gracious and show that grace to me. I have had to do the same to those who have harmed me or done some wrong to me. To be like Jesus even though I wanted to give them a piece of my mind and say "Yes you were wrong and you shouldn't have done that"and so on and so on. I think you get my drift. But I do try to be gracious and bestow grace to them. After all I have done the most agregious thing to my Lord and my Saviour and He extended Grace and Mercy to me. How can you extend Grace and Mercy to someone? How has someone done that for you? Just think you may influence someone towards accepting Christ as their Saviour or encourage them in their Christian Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.