Saturday, September 5, 2009


John 10:10 (KJV)
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Did Jesus save us just so we could go to Heaven and not live eternally in Hell? No, He came so we “might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” I think if He had just been saving us from Hell, then He would have taken us home at the moment of our salvation. Of course this leads to the question, “What would this world be like without Christians, and who would preach and witness so that others might be saved?” What is the “abundant life”? I am not one of those who believes in the “name it, claim it” philosophy, where God is supposed to give you whatever you ask for as far as wealth is concerned. I do believe however, if God decides to bless you in that way, He can. The abundant life I think of is the “peace that passes all understanding.” The knowledge that I am forgiven, I am loved by the Most High, I am accepted into His family as His son, to know that He walks with me daily and wants to commune with me. He came to restore unto us the relationship with Him that has been broken because of Sin. Do you have the abundant life that God offers? Have you experienced salvation the peace you get from being forgiven and being in a right relationship with Jesus? We can only have abundant life through Him. All the programs the world offers to success and happiness may only bring temporary (here on this earth) and false abundant life. The key to the abundant life is Jesus. You will find "True" peace in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.