Thursday, September 17, 2009

Revival In Cotton Valley


Here is an email I got this morning from Lavelle Spillers about the revival services at his little church in Cotton Valley. This is Great!!


Well, I know that I promised an update on the revival after Thursday night, but I just couldn't wait that long to brag about my Savior, Jesus Christ. Folks we serve an awesome God!!!!!! We had ten more lost souls snatched out of the fires of hell tonight when they asked Jesus Christ to save them. Four of them told me they were going to go back to their home church, but 6 of them have asked for membership in Unity Baptist Church by baptism. The last one to get saved tonight actually got saved after everyone had, pretty much, left the church. The first one to get saved was saved in my office about 5:30 Wednesday afternoon. Isn't God awesome? He is truly worthy to be praised. That brings the totals up to 28 saved during our services and 5 saved at the high school for a grand total of 33 people who have trusted Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. Plus, we have had several join the church by letter and we have several young people to follow up on that we need to see their parents before we baptize them. Might even get to lead the parents to the Lord. Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As I was thanking the Lord, this afternoon, for allowing me the privilege of seeing Him move in this church and in this community, I thought about what an awesome privilege it is and I thought about something that David said in II Samuel 7:18-22. David asked God a question. David asked, "Who am I, oh Lord God?" David went on to say, "Who am I, oh Lord God? That You would bless me in the ways that you have blessed me." I thought the same thing today, "Who am I, oh Lord God? That You would allow a sinful servant, such as I am, to witness one of the greatest revivals to ever take place in the history of Cotton Valley." God doesn't need me, but He chose me and sanctified me and allowed me to be a part of His team. Wow, what a loving and caring God!!!!!! Thank you Jesus for answering my prayers. I have been praying, since my first trip to the Ukraine, that God would allow me the privilege of seeing Him move in a great and mighty way in the USA. I have been praying that God would allow me to see the same hunger for the Word of God and the same hunger for a relationship with Jesus Christ in the USA, as I saw in the Ukraine. It has taken almost two years, but God has answered my prayers. Thank you Jesus. And, the scary part is; I truly believe that we have only seen God scratch the surface of what He wants to do in Cotton Valley, Louisiana. Please pray that God would keep Satan from rearing his old ugly head up and please pray for me as I seek God's help and God's wisdom in leading Unity Baptist Church into the fields that are "white unto the harvest." We are going to need new Sunday school classes and teachers and new discipleship training classes and teachers. Praise the Lord; what a wonderful problem to have. Pray for Thursday night. I truly believe that it will be our biggest night yet. I love all of you. A slave to the Master, Lavelle Spillers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.