Saturday, July 18, 2009

And That's the Way It Is

Strange that His death comes at the time we are celebrating the anniversary of the moon landing by the crew of Apollo 11. I grew up on him. But I got my real first taste of him during those Apollo missions as I was about 9 years old at the time, so I was too young to remember him during the Kennedy assassination. I would have been 4 years old at the time. “And that’s the way it is” is what he would say at the end of his broadcast. His words were a statement that indicated “Absolute truth.” Notice he didn’t say it might be the way it is, or the way it seems or appears or could be or should be. He said that is the way it is. Jesus also spoke “Absolute truth” when he said “I am the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh to the Father except through me. Notice he say, “I could be the way or one of the ways”. He also made an exclusive statement, that says all other ways are the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.