Monday, July 27, 2009

There’s a Whole Lot of Ministering Going On

It has been 2 weeks today since the tragic bus accident that took the life of one teenager and injured several others of the First Baptist Church Shreveport youth group. Earlier today at church something stirred a thought in me about ministry. I thought about Maggie Lee Henson and her family after we had our prayer. I thought about how so many people have ministered to her and her family in so many ways, even without knowing it. First, who are the ones who are ministering?
Everyone from around the world are ministering to them. Christian and non Christian alike can minister to people. Everyone who has visited the CaringBridge site (approaching 120,000 as I type) website to check on her are ministering to them because they know people care. Our preacher tonight talked about the 3 friends of Job who showed up to minister to Job and for the first few days just sat with him in the ashes without words. He pointed out that sometimes it is best just to hug them or put an arm around them to let them know you care. I have experienced that in my life. Secondly those who have left messages on the site have ministered to them. The parents have posted that they do read and are encouraged by the posts.
Thirdly those helping them out back home and looking after the house and dogs are ministering to them.
Fourthly, those who sent cards and gifts are ministering to them.
Fifthly, those who have provided their homes and the churches who provided places for them to sleep are ministering to them.
Sixthly, those prayers going up all over the world minister to them.
Lastly, I have been blessed and ministered to by the Hensons in their posts and their standing strong in the faith. Have you been ministered to or have you been ministered to?
I notice KTBS did a really nice story on them tonight. Thanks KTBS.
While I am typing this let me say that my prayers still go out to Brandon Ugarte and his family and all those still recovering physically as well as spiritually.

I know I listed some of these sites before, but here are some to check on them also.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/maggieleehenson
http://wonderingthoughts.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/07/its-been-a-week-now.html
http://www.fbcshreveport.org/
http://www.ktbs.com/news/praying-for-a-miracle1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.