Sunday, July 19, 2009

First Baptist Shreveport Accident Update

Jim at www.mybossier.blogspot.com pointed me in this direction.

The youth at First Baptist Shreveport had an accident last week on a youth trip. My prayers are still with the Ugarte family over the loss of their son Brandon. My prayers are also for those recovering and their families. In particular are those still in the hospital. Of real concern is Maggie Lee Henson who has suffered a brain injury. I could not imagine how the families are feeling as I have never suffered such a trial. We studied James 1 this morning that said count it all joy when you suffer these trials. As a Christian one thing I have found Joy in trials is knowing that by going through these trials is that God will reveal something about himself to us. I know that maybe real comforting, but hopefully it helps when these trials come.

Anyways, the best place for information to be found is http://www.fbcshreveport.org/ . You will find a link to www.caringbridge.com where a site has been set up so Maggie's parents can post updates on her condition and theirs. Caringbridge is a great organization.

What is my concern since I don't know or affiliated with anyone in the church. I work with our youth at our church, have gone to many youth camps and now have a 12 year old daughter. Plus the concern a Christian should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Born again at 40 in 2001, though I practiced Christianity since I was 13.